#3 Effort estimate

A major benefit claimed for cloud computing is the cost savings, improved scalability and on-demand pricing that drives companies to move their workloads to the cloud. Over the years, we have developed our own cost model and evaluation approach to better understand and make decisions about migrating to the cloud.

If you don’t understand how the cloud migration process works, you will never be able to determine how much effort and resources are required to complete the project and what the actual cost will be.

A good plan is crucial for successful execution.

Cloud migration is not just about simply moving your existing environment to the cloud, it requires a deep dive into your legacy systems, existing code, tools and business cases. Not going into detail means that 90% of the project may be migrated quickly and without much effort, but the other 10% of issues can kill and delay your execution plan.

In our workshops, we will take you on a journey and look at the skeleton of your existing environment with you. Together we will decide what kind of migration plan is better by going case by case, we will make an overview of your existing ETL/ELT jobs and code, decide what needs to be modernised and what can be reused. The key question is also what tools will be used in your future architecture to optimise the workloads and speed up the migration process.


  • Detailed architecture
  • Step-by-step migration plan
  • Detailed project plan (timeline)
  • Effort estimation:
    • Fixed base effort:
      • ETL/ELT jobs
      • Code conversion
    • Variable effort:
      • Modernisation
      • Optimization

Duration: 4-7 weeks (based on complexity)